Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Resolutions for a Happy Police Wife

In honor of the new year, and in observance of my husband's new swing shift, which I believe I am going to hate, but patiently deal with, I have composed some resolutions any police wife can take on as her own: 1. I resolve to make a turkey sandwich cheerfully when asked, since it is the only meal of the day I get to make for him, instead of going on a childish tirade about how I hate touching lunchmeat. 2. I resolve to use my alone time not just to clean the house obsessively, but also to do things that I truly enjoy and that feed me, like reading, sewing, writing, and working out. 3. I resolve to work out at least two nights a week. It's a list of New Year's resolutions; it has to be on here and you know it. 4. I resolve not to eat leftovers on the nights he works just so I don't have to cook, but to make yummy food for my kids and for myself. It is also a good time to make foods he doesn't like, such as our dinner tonight, Ranch Chicken Pasta with Broccoli. Curry is next on the list. 5. I resolve to finish writing my book while he works this shift. I have four months to write five chapters. I can do this. 6. I resolve not to snap at my children just because I am tired and lonely at night, but offer to snuggle and read a book to them instead. 7. I resolve to stay up until he comes home at least once a week to surprise him with the pleasure of my company. And then actually be pleasant company! 8. I resolve to not nag about the trash this year. Seriously this time. 9. I resolve to eat a whole container of spinach, just once, before some of it goes bad. 10. I resolve, once again, to grow in the love I have for my husband and my family until I am loving them each the way God loves them. So help me, God!

1 comment:

  1. I finished the box of spinach! But does it count if I used a third of it to make spinach artichoke dip?

    ReplyDelete