Monday, July 8, 2013

A Woman of Valor

Sometimes, when it feels as though I am just getting through each day, not really going anywhere but just getting by, I need to read something that will jolt me out of my routine and get me fired up again. This book did it for me; the fire is lit and I am ready again to do battle for God where I am, with who I am and what I have been given. The book is "So Long, Insecurity" by Beth Moore, and here are a few of my favorite fire-igniting quotes so far: "You are a God-clothed woman of valor and you have the privilege to wear divine strength like a garment." (That one I want on my mirror so I can see it every morning!) "Pride is dignity's counterfeit." "Our culture has done us no greater injustice than training us to avoid taking responsibility for our own issues...They have hijacked our healing. A clear heart and a clean path are still only one sincere confession away." "If you know Jesus Christ personally, He has chosen you, too, and has appointed you to accomplish something good. Something that matters. Something prepared for you before time began (Ephesians 2:10). Something meant to have a serious impact within your sphere of influence." So please, don't stay in that place of stagnation, but move, get fired up about something that matters, something with eternal significance. Because it might be your time to speak, to mend, to help the people around you heal. Even just by being who you are, where you are, with what you have. You are clothed with strength and dignity, you beautiful daughter of the King. You are a woman of valor.

No comments:

Post a Comment